Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rehearsal Day 20, July 17th

We are very much in the thick of the process right now. Tech week is ever present, looming over our heads as we work to create the show we know we have amidst all the choices we have been making the past few weeks. With each run of different sections of the show, I find myself understanding more and more who Marco is. Now the process becomes about tweaking. Fixing posture here. Watching my line speed there. Defining the strongest acting intention. Going over notes at night with my script by my side. Reassessing choices I made earlier and filling up the beats even more. It is extreme detail work. The polish to make the work shine. For the first time in my life, I really feel like I have created a character from the page and breathed life into him and now am challenged with making what was once an idea into a human being.

And what is great is that I have seen myself mature in this process. What once made me frustrated now is welcomed. I feel a sense of ownership over my work and I allow constructive criticism to give way to growth. I take everything in, process it, and make new choices. And it is hard work. And it is fun. And it is my passion. And it is my life. And for all these reasons, I couldn't feel more blessed.

Friday night is crew view - our first real semblance of an audience for a run of the show. Two days of work until then. Based on where we are now, this will be quite a roller coaster! And I mean that in the best way possible! - Jason Heymann

(The set is coming together.)









(And more and more the world comes together.)








(Singing and dancing the song "Heaven and Hell." Anna spins while Robbie teaches the dance.)







(A further back shot of "Heaven and "Hell.")


No comments: