Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rehearsal Day 12, July 8th

Today we had our first stumble-through and it went surprisingly well. The past few days I have been working a Loy with Sheryl and Jenny on Marco and Veronica's story and arc, which in turn has helped tremendously on character.

The deeper I get into the character, the more I am fishing that Marco's obstacle is his own self, his pride, his vanity, and the duty imposed on him by society. His battle is with himself. It is a disconnect between mind and heart and he struggles to reconcile the two.

As I understand the character more, it is easier to make choices on stage. I have impulses constantly now that I am understanding who Marco is and I am able to try things out. I have so much more to discover, but this was the week it clicked. Now I must dive in.

The stumble-through was great. I felt that I found a good hold on the show and I am excited to head into the next three weeks before we open to audiences! - Jason Heymann

(The floor takes on new colors.)







(learning choreography for the wedding scene.)

No comments: